Every member of the San Bruno Police Department is committed to providing the highest level of police service to our community. We are dedicated to preserving our community's peace while adhering to the highest level of ethical standards and professional conduct.
As service providers, we pledge to improve the quality of life for everyone who lives, works, and does business in our community. Being a partner with the community we serve is essential to building trust and mutual respect. These partnerships allow us to understand the community's concerns and enables us to identify and solve problems together.
Members of the San Bruno Police Department are dedicated to the community we serve and to our fellow employees. We believe in and are committed to the following values:
Honesty & Integrity
Honesty and integrity are the fundamental building blocks on which credibility and trust are established with both the community and our peers. We will:
- Consistently perform and behave in such a way that we exemplify the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics and are recognized for our commitment to ethical conduct and high professional standards.
Innovation is key to remaining viable with limited resources in today's competitive environment. We will:
- Explore and implement technologies that will assist us in the efficient delivery of law enforcement services and reward those employees who define problems and develop usable solutions to address them.
Communication is the life blood of any organization. Honest, frequent interaction is the basis for establishing good working relationships and critical for team building. We will:
- Promote good communications among all employees by creating and maintaining an environment which fosters loyalty and openness in sharing thoughts and ideas without fear of reprisal.
- Listen to others when they talk. Interpersonal communications require patience and good listening skills. We recognize that informal communication is often more effective in resolving problems or concerns.
- Strive to be approachable and sensitive to changing demographics. We will encourage each other to extend this relationship to the community, enabling us to better communicate with those we serve.
Quality service occurs when an organization is committed to excellence in every task or assignment. Providing such service requires dedication to personal development and high professional standards. We will:
- Provide a work environment that encourages all employees to better themselves through formal education and professional training.
- Produce the highest quality work product through teamwork that fosters confidence and respect for each other and the community we serve.