The San Bruno Municipal Code (Title 5) defines nuisances and violations as those conditions and uses that are detrimental to the public health, safety and welfare, that promote blight, or which reduce property values in the City. The Municipal Code also specifies regulations that will promote the sound maintenance of property and the enhancement of conditions of appearance, habitability or occupancy, and safety of all structures in the City.
Common Nuisance Violations
Please be aware that Code Enforcement handles nuisances that occur on private property. Other City departments or outside agencies deal with nuisances in the public right-of-way or on public facilities.
- Graffiti on private property
- Illegal dumping of garbage on private property
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private property
- Unmaintained properties
- Unsecured vacant buildings
- Visible storage of junk and debris in the front of residential properties
- Overflowing garbage containers
- Signs, including signs in the public right-of-way or failure to have required permits
- Substandard housing conditions
To report a nuisance in San Bruno, call 650-616-7040.