Need to print? You can print to the Library from your home computer, laptop, smart phone, or mobile device! Send your documents the same day you will be coming to the library to pick them up.
Would you like assistance with eBooks, computers or mobile devices? Sign up for a one-on-one session at the San Bruno Public Library! We can provide assistance with general eBook, computer and mobile device topics; repair is not included. Computers are available at the Library or bring your own device. Reservations required. Contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 616-7078 to set up an appointment.
At the Library
- In Library Computer Workstations
- San Mateo County residents are encouraged to have or obtain a library card to use the Internet computer workstations for a 2-hour time session, with no maximum number of sessions.
- Guests may receive a guest pass for computer workstation use for a one-hour time session, with no maximum number of passes. A guest is defined as a person who does not have a library card from any library within the Peninsula Library System. Children in 8th grade and under must be accompanied by an adult to receive a guest pass.
- Use of multiple cards is not permitted. Cardholders who do not have their library card with them may request that staff look up their card number, provided the cardholder has a picture ID.
- Computer workstations in the Main Room are to be used by adults or students in 9th grade and above.
- Computer workstations in the Children's Room are to be used by children in 8th grade and under.
- You may save files to personal storage devices but not to the computer workstation’s hard drive. USB drives are available for purchase at the Reference Desk.
- Computer Specifications: The San Bruno Public Library's computer workstations run on Windows 10. We also offer Microsoft Office 2019.
- Internet Filtering: The Internet and its available resources may contain material of a controversial nature. The San Bruno Public Library staff does not monitor and cannot control the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The City of San Bruno has installed Netsweeper, a software program which blocks sexually explicit material.
- Printing: Black and White prints are 15 cents per page. Color prints are 30 cents per page.
- Staff assisted faxing is available at the Reference Desk. $2 for the first page, $1 per page thereafter regardless of area code. Cover sheet is free (unless it is the only page being sent, then it is $2).
- Black and White prints are 15 cents per page. Color is 30 cents per page. Copier located in the Magazine Room.
- Scan to Email
- Scan to email is available on the public copier. Copier located in the Magazine Room.
- 3D Printing
Technology Devices for Checkout
- The San Bruno Public Library offers a laptop for checkout within the Library or MIFI hotspots and Chromebooks to borrow to take home for Peninsula Library System cardholders in good standing and not in temporary status. Borrowers who are in 8th grade and under must have their parent/guardian present when checking out a device.
- There are no holds or reservations allowed on any device.
- For the in-library use only laptop, there is a 2-hour time limit. The time limit is based on the time listed on the printed receipt. Renewals are allowed if there is no one waiting for the laptop. Laptop is due 15 minutes before the library closes, regardless of when it was checked out. If the laptop is not returned by the end of business day, it is considered lost and the full replacement cost for the device plus a $50 processing fee, will be charged.
- For take-home MIFI hotspots and Chromebooks, the loan period is 3 weeks. If at the time of renewal there is at least one MIFI hotspot or Chromebook available at the San Bruno Public Library, the item can then be renewed for another three weeks.
- Take-home MIFI hotspots and Chromebooks that are past due will be terminated remotely by Library staff 14 days after the due date. Devices not returned within 30 days of the due date are considered lost and the full replacement cost for the device plus a $5 processing fee will be charged.
- Devices must be returned directly to a Library staff person at the San Bruno Public Library. Borrower will be responsible for and assessed for any applicable lost or damage fees that occur during use or transit.
- The borrower is solely responsible for the device(s). If device(s) is not returned in the same condition as borrowed, the borrower will be billed for repair or replacement costs associated with damage or loss of device(s) and/or peripherals for items that are no longer able to be circulated.
- If the device(s) is lost, stolen, or damaged, contact a staff member at the San Bruno Public Library as soon as possible.
- The Library is not responsible for data outages, device errors or network downtime; and the loan period will not be extended due to outages, errors or downtime.
- No alterations of the settings, software or hardware on any technology device is allowed.
- The MIFI hotspot accesses the Internet through T-Mobile's network, not the Library’s network, and the user is subject to T-Mobile's network management policy.
701 Angus Avenue W
San Bruno, CA 94066
701 Angus Avenue W San Bruno CA 94066
Phone: 650-616-7078Fax: 650-876-0848
24/7 Renewals / Account Information
Online or 650-638-0399
Suggestion for our collection?
Let us know.
San Bruno Library Feedback
Provide your contact information or send feedback to us anonymously.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Community Services Department eNewsletter.