Friends of the Library
The Friends do for the Library what individual friends do for one another: they come forth with ideas, time, advice, effort, encouragement, and financial support. Joining the Friends gives you an opportunity to repay the enlightenment, fulfillment, and entertainment that libraries have given freely to you over the years. The Friends of the San Bruno Public Library is a non-profit organization.
Because the Library’s most enthusiastic support comes from individuals, there is a need for people who care about libraries to act on an organized basis. The Friends host events throughout the year which include an ongoing sale in the Library foyer as well as special monthly sales. These sales provide funds for special gifts and services not included in the City Library budget. Friends’ gifts to the Library have included: children and teen reading programs, baby sign language classes, computers for after school homework club, redesign of the library magazine room, preservation materials for historical items.
The Friends of the San Bruno Public Library has generously funded these items to the Library:
- Baby Sign Language Series
- Winter Bingo
- Homework Center and Public 3D Printers and Accessories
- Cell Phone Charging Station
- Computer Monitor for Display of Library Events
- Area Rug for Magazine Room
- Button Supplies for Children's Department
- Summer Science Fair
- BookPage Subscription
- Shadow Puppet Workshop with Daniel Borash
- Library Portable Speaker Systems for Library Events
- Summer Reading Program
- Additional Outdoor Games and Art of Nature Backpacks
- Additional Ukulele Kits
- Self Check Out Machine in the Children's Room Through an Anonymous Donation and the Sammut Family Foundation
- San Mateo County Parks Passes
- Jazz at the Library Series
- History Room Preservation Equipment
- Children's Room Manipulative Wall (Together With Donation From San Bruno Rotary Club)
Support the Friends of the San Bruno Public Library as a volunteer, member or donor! Contact the Friends at SanBrunoFriends@aol.com to see how you can help.
BECOME A MEMBER
A membership in the Friends of the San Bruno Public Library provides philanthropic support to the San Bruno Public Library.
The yearly membership dues are:
- Individual: $20
- Family: $50
- Benefactor: $100
The Friends of the San Bruno Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to the Friends group are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by state and federal law.
Visit the Friends of the San Bruno Public Library on Facebook to join the Friends, renew your membership or make a donation online.
701 Angus Avenue W
San Bruno, CA 94066
701 Angus Avenue W San Bruno CA 94066
Phone: 650-616-7078Fax: 650-876-0848
24/7 Renewals / Account Information
Online or 650-638-0399
Suggestion for our collection?
Let us know.
San Bruno Library Feedback
Provide your contact information or send feedback to us anonymously.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Community Services Department eNewsletter.